Simple, delicious, nutritious and perfect for a cold winter day.
- In a large sauce pan, saute
- 1 small onion
- 2 stocks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- Add chopped fresh red chilies, to taste. Continue sauteing for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1 large fresh chopped tomato and cook down for 5-10 minutes, until the flesh breaks down and sauce thickens.
- Add 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp dried or 1 tbsp fresh cilantro.
- Stir in a can of low sodium black beans, drained.
- Add 3 – 4 cups of no sodium chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then add 1/2 cup Quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.